
There were a couple of things I had meant to talk about in my National Championship Analysis post but forgot to mention.
So here it goes:
The first thing I forgot was to give props to Kansas freshman Cole Aldrich. This guy had a monster game off the bench against UNC with 8 points 7 rebounds and 4 blocks. I think his play in this game really helped to energize Kansas because this kid was all over the place when he was in the game. I would expect him to get some minutes tonight against Memphis, so keep an eye out for him when watching the game.
So here it goes:
The first thing I forgot was to give props to Kansas freshman Cole Aldrich. This guy had a monster game off the bench against UNC with 8 points 7 rebounds and 4 blocks. I think his play in this game really helped to energize Kansas because this kid was all over the place when he was in the game. I would expect him to get some minutes tonight against Memphis, so keep an eye out for him when watching the game.
The second thing I wanted to mention was how Darren Collison got destroyed by Derrick Rose. So basically that sound you're hearing is Darren Collison's plummeting draft stock.
I can't really see him being a lottery pick after Rose showed how easily an NBA caliber player can exploit him on defense. I mean he would probably rank slightly above Steve Nash as one of the worst defensive PG's in the league, except he doesn't have half of the offensive game that Nash does.
I think it's pretty clear Collison will have to be a backup PG on most NBA teams. Sure he should be able to matchup with some of the smaller PG's but guys like Chauncey Billups, Deron Williams, and Baron Davis would eat his lunch all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment