Sunday, June 22, 2008

Verse of The Week


This is the second week in a row where I had a hard time picking a Verse of the Week, so I guess that would describe the state of hip hop right now. I ended up going with The Game's verse from the Fat Joe remix for "Ain't Sayin' Nuthin'", even though he says "spittin' like a Dominican, I call that shit Big Pun", when Big Pun is Puerto Rican. It's all good though, the verse is still hot. Some of the lyrics I wasn't sure about so hopefully I got 'em all right.


Verse of The Week:

I gotta pocket full of benjamins,
and I'm so cold, my neck froze like a penguin,
somewhere in England,
waiting for my little duffle bag girl to land,
with duffle bag in hand, it's Louis Vuitton and,
she flier than an eagle, hood like a Regal
She make my deposit, my closet is fresh Siegel
I rain terror, yes I rain terror
Put my name on your mind, my style is New Era.
I be down in Miami, sippin' Bailey's with Khalid
I got a secret to tell, that boy ain't from Cali, he from Mars
Flow sicker than SARS.
So into his cars, my dump sitting bigger than yours
I got big guns, real big guns
Spittin' like a Dominican, I call that shit Big Pun
and any nigga that's an enemy to crack is an enemy to me
Terror Squad and the B.
(The Game, Ain't Sayin' Nuthin'(Remix), Verse 2)

Audio: Ain't Sayin' Nuthin' (Remix) - Fat Joe feat Lil Wayne & The Game

Verse of The Week: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment