Monday, March 10, 2008

MLB Weekly


Busy day today for me as I'm just now getting a chance to work on the blog.

Definitely have to give props to Trav over at WYDU, who showed me some love on his blog so I welcome any new readers we may have here.

Now let's get into the MLB Weekly links:

One of the bigger stories has been whether or not Elliot Johnson on Tampa Bay made a dirty play when he bowled over one of the Yankees' top prospects, catcher Francisco Cervelli causing Cervelli to break his wrist.

Joe Girardi and Don Zimmer have differing opinions on the play. I have seen the play myself and I can tell you that I think Johnson went out of his way to bowl over Cervelli and I think he would have been safe if he had just done a hook slide and touched home plate with his left hand. I think it was a dumb baseball play by a young player trying to make a name for himself and make the majors.

You can judge for yourself below, this is the best video I could find:




Speaking of Girardi, here is a good little article on how the Yankees are adjusting to their new manager.

Meanwhile in Red Sox Nation, Josh Beckett hurt his back and the Cubs are interested in trading for Coco Crisp. I think if Beckett is hurt for any extended period of time the Red Sox could be in trouble and it looks like Sox fans are a little worried about their pitching depth if you check out the comments section from that link.

Apparently, Francisco Liriano almost quit baseball when he was attempting to rehab from Tommy John surgery.

On the prospect tip, here are 8 players to watch in spring training and Baseball America's Top 100 Prospects

No comments:

Post a Comment