
After Dallas' first round playoff exit to New Orleans, the Dallas Mavericks have fired their coach Avery Johnson:
Johnson became Mavs coach during the 2004-05 season and walks away with a 194-70 record (.735), but only a 23-24 mark in the playoffs and 3-12 in the postseason since Dallas was dismantled by Miami in the 2006 NBA Finals.(ESPN)
Avery Johnson has received alot of scrutiny since his team lost to Miami in the NBA Finals two years ago but I'm not really sure he deserves it. The acquisition of Jason Kidd was supposed to help this team but it did not end up that way because Kidd never got involved in the offenses. I personally just think Kidd is washed up but some believe this is Avery Johnson's fault. Well, I think this team has faults to begin with and needs to be revamped and I'm not sure this is the right move for Dallas. It will be interesting to see who they will bring in to replace him.
I'm sure Avery Johnson will land on his feet some where. Both Chicago and New York have coaching opening and I'm sure he will be a candidate for at least one of those positions.
There have also been rumors that the Suns will fire Mike D'Antoni but their GM, Steve Kerr, has dismissed those rumors so far.
Johnson became Mavs coach during the 2004-05 season and walks away with a 194-70 record (.735), but only a 23-24 mark in the playoffs and 3-12 in the postseason since Dallas was dismantled by Miami in the 2006 NBA Finals.(ESPN)
Avery Johnson has received alot of scrutiny since his team lost to Miami in the NBA Finals two years ago but I'm not really sure he deserves it. The acquisition of Jason Kidd was supposed to help this team but it did not end up that way because Kidd never got involved in the offenses. I personally just think Kidd is washed up but some believe this is Avery Johnson's fault. Well, I think this team has faults to begin with and needs to be revamped and I'm not sure this is the right move for Dallas. It will be interesting to see who they will bring in to replace him.
I'm sure Avery Johnson will land on his feet some where. Both Chicago and New York have coaching opening and I'm sure he will be a candidate for at least one of those positions.
There have also been rumors that the Suns will fire Mike D'Antoni but their GM, Steve Kerr, has dismissed those rumors so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment