
In case you missed it, the National Association of Basketball Coaches College All-Star game was played at the Final 4 this past Friday.
Here is an summary of the game with the box score for the game below:
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (April 4, 2008) – Duke’s DeMarcus Nelson scored a game-high 21 points to lead the National All-Stars past the American All-Stars, 106-100, in the DiGiorno College All-Star game presented by the National Association of Basketball Coaches Friday night at the Alamodome.
Nelson was selected as the National most outstanding player while Houston’s Robert McKiver, who scored a team-high 20 points and hit five three-point goals was named most outstanding player for the American All-Stars.
Tied at 45-45 at halftime, the Nationals went on an 11-3 run midway through the second half to take the lead for good. Georgetown’s Jonathan Wallace started the run with a three-point goal and Will Daniels of Rhode Island added the next four points.
Xavier’s Josh Duncan had 16 points and eight rebounds for Coach Oliver Purnell’s National team and Rider’s Jason Thompson added 12 points and eight rebounds. Shan Foster of Vanderbilt scored 15 points and hit on four three-point goals.
Sundiata Gaines of Georgia added 18 points for Coach Dave Odom’s American All-Stars and Louisville’s David Padgett led all rebounders with 11.
NACB All-Star Game Box Score
If you have been reading this blog then you will know that I have been following Will Daniels, Josh Duncan, and Rob McKiver as interesting players who are not stars and somewhat under the radar. I plan on following them up until the NBA Draft because I know there are fans of these players out there that are looking for info on their draft status.
I would imagine there were scouts at this game even though it was an All-Star game. Duncan and McKiver both performed well which can only help their draft status. Daniels, on the other hand, peformed poorly so hopefully he makes a stronger impression at the upcoming Portsmouth Invitational Pre-Draft Tournament, which starts April 9th. I will be following the results of this camp daily as I find information on who performed well and who did not.
Here is a look at the rosters for the camp. There are always lots of interesting players that participate in these camps. Well known players who were stars in college, such as Russell Robinson, Chris Lofton, and Drew Lavender, who may never make it to the NBA and just become memories to us.
This year's Portsmouth Invitational seems to be pretty deep with talented players who can make a name for themselves at this camp. VMI's Reggie Williams who is a scoring machine, Davidson's Jason Richard who played great PG in the NCAA Tournament, and South Alabama's Demetric Bennett are some other players to look out for.
Also, here is a good scouting report on Josh Duncan and another scouting report for Will Daniels.
The site also mentions that Daniels will not be competing in the Portsmouth Invitational but he is on the roster on the official site, so I am not sure if this is true.
Thank you for following Josh Duncan! That is a player that I have been following for the past 3 years. I will stay posted to your blogs! Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteNo problem man...make sure to check out my most recent post on Duncan:
ReplyDeletehttp://allhiphopsports.blogspot.com/2008/04/portsmouth-invitational-nba-pre-draft.html
Should have more in the days to come....