
It's official: Kobe Bryant has won the 2008 NBA MVP beating out the likes of Chris Paul, Lebron James, and Kevin Garnett.
Personally, I think any of these guys could win the MVP and nobody would have a beef with it BUT Kobe is the best player in the league so if all things are equal between the players, I think you have to choose the best player. Kobe also happens to be the best player on the best team in the best conference as well.
Here is what I had to say a few weeks back about the NBA MVP in my awards edition of NBA Weekly:
ESPN is going with Kobe Bryant as their MVP. Well I don't think Kobe is the wrong choice, but I'm just not sure their is a right choice. I mean between Kobe, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, and Lebron James, you have 4 legitimate MVP candidates and it is really hard to pick just one out of this group. I think this is part of the reason why Kobe is going to win, because he is the best player in the NBA and I think that is what most people are using as a tie-breaker. His team also won the West in a ridiculously tough season out there.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices but you definitely have to show some love to Kevin Garnett and Chris Paul. Garnett changed the whole culture of the Celtics, believe me when I tell you. It's not just that he's a great player but he is so intense and it rubs off on all of his teammates, well at least with this team it did.
Meanwhile, Chris Paul had a great season as well and his team would not be the # 2 seed out West if it was not for him. He definitely deserves some love for MVP.
I think Kobe is going to win it because he is the best player on the best team out West.
Check out this tight video below that LakersMedia.com put together to congratulate Kobe for winning the MVP:
Personally, I think any of these guys could win the MVP and nobody would have a beef with it BUT Kobe is the best player in the league so if all things are equal between the players, I think you have to choose the best player. Kobe also happens to be the best player on the best team in the best conference as well.
Here is what I had to say a few weeks back about the NBA MVP in my awards edition of NBA Weekly:
ESPN is going with Kobe Bryant as their MVP. Well I don't think Kobe is the wrong choice, but I'm just not sure their is a right choice. I mean between Kobe, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, and Lebron James, you have 4 legitimate MVP candidates and it is really hard to pick just one out of this group. I think this is part of the reason why Kobe is going to win, because he is the best player in the NBA and I think that is what most people are using as a tie-breaker. His team also won the West in a ridiculously tough season out there.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices but you definitely have to show some love to Kevin Garnett and Chris Paul. Garnett changed the whole culture of the Celtics, believe me when I tell you. It's not just that he's a great player but he is so intense and it rubs off on all of his teammates, well at least with this team it did.
Meanwhile, Chris Paul had a great season as well and his team would not be the # 2 seed out West if it was not for him. He definitely deserves some love for MVP.
I think Kobe is going to win it because he is the best player on the best team out West.
Check out this tight video below that LakersMedia.com put together to congratulate Kobe for winning the MVP:
Also, check out the Top 10 Kobe Bryant highlights from the 2007-2008 season
No comments:
Post a Comment