Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 4 Standings

Ed from Ed The Sports Fan beat out Joe from What's The 401?!?! and me of course, by going 7-6 against the spread in Week 4. Make sure you hit up Ed before you call up your local bookie!

Here is a look at the Week 5 spreads and who I would pick as of right now:
A couple things jump out at me here:

-The first being the huge 17 point spread for Dallas over Cincinnati. That's a pretty big spread for Dallas to cover and they could be up three touchdowns and give up a meaningless score at the end of the game and not cover. These are the kind of things you have to look out for when betting such a huge spread. Of course if Carson Palmer sits out again, which is likely, it might be a good bet.

- Interesting that Buffalo and Arizona is a pick. I guess that Buffalo is still not going any respect from betters or else they should be favored in this game.

- I'm surprised Philadelphia is a 5 point favorite over Washington. To me that spread should be anywhere from a pick to 3 points. 5 seems a little high, but I actually think Philly will win the game. I just don't think they will cover.

- Carolina always screws me whenever I bet for or against them. This week I think they will cover the 10 point spread over Kansas City, so I picked the Chiefs instead. Let's see if that strategy works.

- Green Bay and Atlanta is off because of the injury to Aaron Rodgers. I would imagine the Packers will be a 7 point favorite at least once they announce that Rodgers will play.

1 comment: