It appears that the baby got his wish and has been traded to the Bears. Chicago will send Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010 to the Broncos in exchange for Jay Cutler. This is actually a good trade for the Bears, who didn't really give up all that much for Cutler considering they haven't had a good QB in years. Now it's up to Cutler to back up his demands to be traded and lead the Bears into the playoffs. I guess this means Kyle Orton is the Broncos QB now, although I'm sure there are probably plenty of other options available to the Broncos if they wish to go a different route for their QB.More: NFL
Cutler to the DA Bears!
ReplyDeleteVery surprising move. I think the Bears may have given up too much to get him.
How do you think Jay Cutler will fair in Chicago? I don't know if he can take criticism very well, may not be a good fit. Plus no WRs to throw to!
It didn't hurt his share price though, thats for sure!
I think it was worth the risk because Cutler could turn into a great QB. Right now he's definitely a very good QB, but there's only a handful of teams who have great QB's who are SB contenders every year.
ReplyDeleteHe could have issues in Chicago because he is a baby, but considering he's probably the best QB that's played there in years, I think the fans/media will be cool with him as long as he plays well.
The offense in Chicago could be an issue for Cutler..he doesn't have as good WR's, but he does have a better RB who also is a good receiving RB. If Orton can throw for almost 3,000 yards and 18 TDs for the Bears, I'm sure Cutler will be alright. What it's really gonna come down to is if Cutler makes the right decisions...I think that's his weakness right now.
This is great...I'm a bears fan...considering we have had 20+ QB's since 1990 its a good thing...Cutler has more than 8+ years to give in the NFL...hope he is the future and starts to show it..with Pace added also...watch out!!!!
ReplyDeleteBEARS FAN 4 LIFE!!!
Cuefunk1