Sunday, April 20, 2008

Calzaghe Beats Hopkins in Split Decision


Joe Calzaghe was able to stop Bernard Hopkins last night in a split decision in their light heavyweight title bout. Calzaghe remains unbeaten with this victory and may look to fight Roy Jones, Jr. is his next fight.

Hopkins felt that he won this fight but I feel that he did not do enough to win it. Hopkins was never really hurt by Calzaghe's punches but Calzaghe was the more active fighter, which is why he won this fight. Sometimes it was tough to tell if the punches Calzaghe was throwing were landing or not but he did land more punches than Hopkins. However, I don't feel that either boxer really did enough to WIN this fight both of them did enough not to lose it.

Since Hopkins was the champ already then I think he probably has somewhat of a point when he says that he should not have lost, rather than should have won. I feel that maybe it just should have been a draw and you make them fight again. Maybe they should fight again anyway but I doubt this will happen.

Check this site out, looks like they will be posting the whole fight on video and they have some rounds up already: Calzaghe-Hopkins Fight

No comments:

Post a Comment