
Nice analysis here of what's wrong with CC Sabathia, who has been getting lit up so far this year. He has been throwing less sliders and more fastballs, which could be an indicator he is hurt. However, Sabathia says he is just not able to locate his fastball right now, so it's possible he is throwing more fastballs so he can find a rhythm with that pitch.
Not only did Frank Thomas get released by the Blue Jays but he also made history by having the most plate appearances without a sacrifice hit. Thomas broke the record with his 9,832 plate appearances.
Jimmy Rollins is headed for DL with a sprained left ankle.
Did you know that fraternization is prohibited in the Major Leagues? Well, Willie Randolph knows it and he doesn't understand why the rule isn't followed. I was not even aware there was a rule against it.
Check out this Derek Jeter interview about the importance of Jackie Robinson.
Manny Ramirez says he's not going anywhere and talks about the challenge of playing in Boston. They would have to be nuts not to pick up the option on this guy, they may even look to extend him. Manny is on his way to a monster season if you ask me.
Clay Buchholz' mechanics are similar to Roy Oswalt and Boston fans may be watching him pitch for a long time.
SaberScouting breaks down what is wrong with Kei Igawa and what makes Yankees minor leaguer Scott Patterson so deceptive.
Dodger writers are already getting on Joe Torre. Looks like it could be a long year for Torre, especially if Andruw Jones and the other Dodgers don't start hitting. Check out this classic exchange between a writer and Jones:
The Dodgers' website lists Jones at 210 pounds. He said he weighs 240, although the Jackie Robinson scale indicated he weighed 248.
"Go ask the strength and conditioning guy for my weight," he said.
"I have no idea who the conditioning guy is," I said.
"The skinny guy," Jones said, while also making a point to say with a hint of humor, "the skinny guy can't hit."
"Are you getting closer?" I asked.
"To what?"
"Making contact with the ball," I said.
"I make contact every day. Foul balls," he said, and that's progress, I noted.
No comments:
Post a Comment