Monday, October 13, 2008

Verse of The Week


Skyzoo checks in with the Verse of The Week with his verse from Wale's "5 Minutes" joint. Consistency won out this week, but honestly he got me with the "my shoe game's Penny in '96" line.

Verse of The Week

I got mine while the rest of yours was still lookin'
I'm top 5 with no beggin' dog, I foreal took it
So how they grillin' me's literally just serenity,
literally if you say that you feelin' me, then you feel Brooklyn
and I don't do colorful jeans and shiny kicks,
my shoe game's Penny in '96
I move, aim, hit 'em, and final flip
Whether it's a beat or a scam, I gave y'all wizardry with my hands
I made y'all wanna be what I am,
and as far as your faves, I raised them all underneath where I stand
I'm pushin' em for the corner, keepin' 'em on the hip,
and yup I gave lyrics a reason to wanna live
Yup, fresh with the plane, Hong Kong, Beijing,
felt like I was home, the groupie love was the same thing
I'm Kobe in an orange jersey,
and wrote this from 4:25 to 4:30
(Skyzoo, 5 Minutes, Skyzoo)

Audio: 5 Minutes - Wale feat Skyzoo

No comments:

Post a Comment